Safety and Sanitation
Studio Muscat is a thoroughly sanitized tattoo studio where all equipment is professionally cleaned.
We only use disposable (one use only) needles, ink and gloves to avoid HIV, Hepatitis B and C and other blood transmitted diseases.
All our equipment is cleaned using a combination of industrial detergents, a sonic cleaner, an autoclave and a sterilizer.
All our used needles and waste materials are disposed of by an industrial medical waste company to prevent any possibility of spreading infectious disease.
* If you have any question about sanitation please contact us. ( jump to mail form )
Pricing and Deposit
Please note the following price list is a general guideline. The exact pricing of the tattoo will vary a little depending on size / design / location / colour.
Please mail us for a detailed quote : jump to mail form
8,800yen (inc tax)〜
around 11,000〜19,800yen (inc tax)
around 16,500〜27,500yen (inc tax)
business card (around 5.5×9cm)
around 27,500〜38,500yen (inc tax)
post card (around 10×15cm)
around 49,500〜60,500yen (inc tax)
Large (3 sessions or more, back piece, sleeve etc.)
Hourly 14,520yen (inc tax)
- – We accept VISA / MASTER / JCB / AMEX and Cash in Japanese yen.
- – When you book a tattoo we will take a deposit to secure the booking. This is usually 11,000yen but might be as high as 33,000yen for very large tattoos. This deposit will be used against the final cost of your tattoo.
- – If you have a multi session tattoo, we will hold the deposit until the final session.
- – Once the deposit is paid, we are unable to refund the deposit. However, if you need to change your booking and contact us 15 days before your appointment, we will use the deposit for the new booking.
We are very happy to do a free consultation session either by email or in person prior to a tattoo session. If possible please call or mail the studio before you visit. If after meeting us you don’t feel ready to get a tattoo for any reason this is no problem!
WE CANNOT START TATTOO SESSION TO YOU IF:
- – You have Atopic dermatitis, herpes, epilepsy, heart problems, blood disorders, recent sunburn or any condition we feel might negatively effect the session.
- – You are a minor (under 20 years old), pregnant, under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
BEFORE YOUR TATTOO:
- -Get a good nights sleep.
- -Wear loose clothing as tight clothing may cause bleeding.
- -Wear older clothing.
- -Eat a good meal a couple of hours before.
HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR TATTOO
We will cover your tattoo with protective film. This will help keep your tattoo clean and stop it sticking to your clothes. You might notice blood or ink under the film, this is normal.
After about 4 hours remove the film. Gently wash the tattoo using soap (unscented if possible) and warm water. Use your hands to put water on tattoo. Don’t use a sponge or washcloth or run your tattoo under the water.
Dry the tattoo by dabbing it with a clean towel. Don’t rub the tattoo, apply a small amount of the ointment provided. Put a white pat on your tattoo and cover it with blue film. You can peel off blue part and only transparent film will stay on your skin. Keep that film untill next day you take shower. You can switch to a regular unscented lotion after when you finished ointment we gave.
Continue to wash your tattoo and apply ointment or lotion using the method described above 2 or 3 times a day until the tattoo is healed. This takes 4 to 6 weeks for most people.
If your clothes stick to your tattoo, please do not pull the clothing hard to un-stick them. Soak the clothing in warm water (eg in the shower) and gently peel it off the tattoo.
If you are getting a tattoo on the foot or on the leg below the knee, please take extra care to keep the tattoo clean as it is very close to the ground and can be more prone to infection. We have a slightly different after care method we recommend for tattoos in this location. On the day of the tattoo. In the evening, please clean the tattoo gently, recover the tattoo with the pad and film. for next two days in the evening please remove the film clean the tattoo and recover it with the pad and film. After removing the film on the 3nd day after the tattoo, please follow the normal after care procedure.
Until your tattoo is healed
- – Don’t scratch or rub your tattoo.
- – Don’t soak your tattoo in baths, hot springs, rivers, the ocean etc. This may damage the tattoo and increases the risk of infection.
- – Keep your tattoo covered to protect it from the sun. After the tattoo is healed, use a good sunscreen to keep it protected long term.
- – Don’t wear tight fitting clothing.
- – Avoid strenuous physical like the gym, martial arts, dance etc.
These are good articles with more detail on good after care practices.
*If you have any questions please contact us. ( jump to mail form )
Other Frequently Asked Questions
Q – I would like a quote for a tattoo, what information should I send in my email?
A – Thanks for contacting us! If you can give us the following information it will really help us a lot to give you a quote.
- a: Where would you like the tattoo.
- b: What size (in cm x cm) tattoo would you like.
- c: Would you like a black, black and grey or full color tattoo.
- d: What kind of design would you like.( If you have any sketches, photos or pictures please send them.)
- e: How many hours do you have available to have your Tattoo.
- f: When are you available for your tattoo.
- g: Have you had Tattoos before or this will be your first time.
Q – Can you send me a picture of the design by email before I come to the studio for the tattoo?
A – Yes, we can email you designs after securing a deposit.
Q – Do you accept cash in other currencies?
A – No we don’t but there is an Citi Bank near the studio where you can withdraw money.
Q – Do I need to sign a release form?
A – Yes, you can see our release form here.